Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I'm excited. I promise."

Another year of school is about to start. I can't really claim it is my senior year since I will have to take at least one more term after it, but I guess there is nothing wrong with the five year plan. Except for I think I did something wrong to be on the five year plan. Oh yeah, thats right, I transferred twice.

In June I was really excited to go to Oregon State. Now I tell people I am excited, because thats what people like to hear. Really I think I could care less what school I am at right now. I will be thankful that this school is less expensive than the last two though. My careless attitude needs to change and I am hoping it will once I get down to Corvallis. I really need to buckle down and study, but I tell myself that every year. I'm not saying I am a bad student or that I am not student material. But, I think my schedule is always filled with such BS classes that is hard for me to get motivated about Biology 101 or Energy and Environment Conservation when I am a fourth year business marketing major.

It will be nice to go to a school that views being social as a positive thing. For those of you who didn't get my reference, that was a knock on George Fox.

I am not a very in the moment person right now. I am much more of a forward, future, big picture thinker. Today instead of moving into my house, I worried about what I am going to do when I graduate. How I am going to get into a top-tier graduate school? Whether or not I need to go to grad school? How am I going to succeed? It helps that I have a lot of supportive people around me. But, they obviously don't feel my pressure. My brain goes a hundred miles an hour thinking/analyzing everything. I need to pause it for a while and try and focus on the day-to-day tasks.

One other predominant thing I have been thinking about lately is timing. Timing is so important in life. Job opportunities, friendships, among many other things all rely on perfect timing. Situations are so relative to where we are at in our lives. I definitely have a situationjavascript:void(0) in mind when bringing this topic up. But, I am not really ready to discuss it yet. The most I would speak on its behalf is to say that sometimes it really sucks moving farther away from people I value in life.

Which brings me to another topic. I think I need to make more of an effort this Fall to visit the Lucas'. I feel I am in need of their amazing mentoring.

This concludes my evening rant. :)

1 comment:

kristen said...

Christine! I'm excited you have a blog now. I have been wondering what you have been up to of late and how you were feeling about transferring again.