Monday, December 8, 2008

The Night Before Finals

And all through the house everyone is studying except Christine... didn't think mouse, blouse, or louse would properly fit, so I am done with that sentence. Finals week has arrived (14 minutes ago). I would say I studied the same amount as usual. Meaning maybe a few hours of reading, but nothing too heavy, because I lack interest. I'll pick the biology and women's studies books up the night before those tests, but in the meantime I will enjoy the vacant campus of Oregon State. Its amazing how the gym will be completely empty this week. Sweet deal.

Nothing new has really been going on. I've been doing a lot of reading, but not of any good books. I recommend to refrain from anything Donald Trump has written. His writing is at the skill level of a fifth grader and his books about getting rich or thinking like a billionaire are not even close to self-help or inspiration. They are more along the lines of gloating and stating the obvious. He has a whole two pages written about how he doesn't like to shake hands during a business deal because he is fearful of the spread of germs. Awesome Mr. Trump, thanks for giving me the great advice to make a buck- don't shake hands.

Does an hour and fifteen minutes away from a girlfriend or boyfriend constitute for a long distance relationship? Certainly seems that way lately. Circumstances make life miserable. Conflicting hours do as well.

I need to work more to stay busy. I also plan on starting to volunteer to take away all this free time I have during the weekdays. I was thinking SMART or having a little buddy I hang out with once or twice a week. I could be a good mentor. Even though, I am sure the kid would be doing just as valuable of things in my life. I was also thinking I could help out at the library. I have a new love for the Corvallis Library. First off, its a real hit with my budget and no longer buying books (one of my lifestyle changes to help me save and end wasteful spending). Second, it is a great way to spend the afternoon (unless you forget change to feed the meters and are paranoid of your car getting towed). Third, it is non-committal. I like the fact that if I don't like a book I check out than I just return it. I don't make myself finish it because I didn't pay for it.

I think my eyebrows are growing faster lately. Drives me crazy!

In other news. Hmm... I have no other news. In fact, this wasn't news that I shared to begin with. It was just a way for me to pass the night away until I feel like sleeping.

No comments: