Thursday, January 8, 2009

Entrepreneurship: nature or nurture?

As I am contemplating changing my business concentration from marketing to entrepreneurship the question nags at me, do I really need to learn how to be more like myself?  I really like my Introduction to Entrepreneurship class and I feel the course is catered to assuring me that all the traits I possess will amount to something great.  But, is that what a major should do?  Should a personality type gets its own major?  I'm unsure of the answer.  A degree in entrepreneurship can teach future entrepreneurs many things I am sure- financing, marketing, innovation, etc.  But, if the person possessed the creativity, passion, vision, obsession, crisis-management, stress craving, independent, network capable personality traits wouldn't they figure out these things anyway?  On the other hand, it seems a perfect fit.  Hmm...

No comments: