Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

How funny is it that iTunes released a 49 song compilation for President Obama titled "Songs About Obama?"  Pretty comical, yet cute.  

Or, that there is a website full of tips of party ideas and themes to hold on inauguration night?

Or, that there is a beer glass with this imprinting on it?


Tonight I am working a banquet event hosted by the country club.  It is a dinner and dancing in celebration of the inauguration.  I think it will be fun.  Except for the setup... damn napkin folding :)  I love parties, especially if they are in support of something as cheery as change and optimism (or should I say hope?).  

It is just cool to see everyone coming together.  I am very sentimental.  

Finally, I wonder how many times they will show Oprah crying?  Haha.  I mean, come on, you had to have noticed during his acceptance speech that the camera flashed to her emotional state every two minutes.  But, go Oprah, I cried too!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Tuesday was awesome. And now we get to enjoy an awesome president for atleast 4 years - even more awesome!

Dallas Shaw said...

i did see her crying often now that i think about it

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com