Friday, June 26, 2009

Saturday Market!

Ever since I went to that Saturday market in Grants Pass I have been itchin' to go to another. It is so fun to wander around, talk with the vendors, look at the neato things, and pick up some local produce/trinkets. So, this weekend Chris and I are going to go up to the Portland Saturday Market, ironically on Sunday. I had no idea that the Portland Saturday Market (located on Burnside) is the largest outdoor arts & crafts market in the nation. Another reason to love Portland!

One thing I find funny about markets/fairs/festivals is that there is always a jolly, round, white-haired with matching beard man stirring a kettle of delicious popcorn. Why is that position so type-casted? If I were to be the kettle corn lady it just wouldn't seem right, right?


No comments: