Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day at the Cabin

The boyfriend and I made a quick trip down to my parent's cabin for the 4th of July. We road bikes around the lake and made a pit stop for this picture below...
Then a mosquito bit me on the boob! Itchy, Itchy. I have a total of about 30 bites from the weekend!
This was us before the firework show. Notice Chris is wearing a jacket my mom use to wear in the early 90s.
After fireworks we made s'mores. Definitely the best part about camping!
MMmmmm
Double MMmmm
On the drive back home on Sunday we stopped at this beautiful part of the North Umpqua River. We parked on the side of the road and climbed down a bank of rocks to get to this serene place. It was fun to lay out in the sun and wade and rock jump in the river. It felt like we were the only people in the world.


Hope all of you had a great (and not-so-itchy) 4th of July!

2 comments:

VanessasRunway said...

awe, cute stuff! Nothing beats smores with the one you love! :)

Christopher Jiron said...

in that picture with me eating the smore, you can really see my caveman bumps. :-(