Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Best Friend is Back in Town!

Okay, so I hate to say "best friend," because I have two and even three if I get to count my boyfriend. But, I was so excited to reunite with Jon today for lunch. Jon is visiting from L.A. for two weeks (eeeeeek) before he leaves to perform on a cruise ship for 9 months. I can't believe the commitment of living on a boat for 9 months! I can't even sign a one-year lease on an apartment! However, a life in the Caribbean and Mediterranean Seas wouldn't be too bad and the pay is amazing.

So, today we went and grabbed lunch at Lifesource then drinks at a nearby bar. Seriously, drinking at 2:30 p.m. in the middle of the week in Salem, Oregon is hilarious. All the people in the bar were listen intently to our obscure conversations. It doesn't help that I talk insanely loud and Jon talks even louder and gayer. Overall, we could be the same souls stuck in different bodies.

Browsing through my iPhoto I have found so many funny memories of Jon and I. Our friendship really started back in middle school when we were in Student Council together and we developed fake Southern accents when we had to call vendors to use for the dances.

Here is a picture of us way back in high school when Jon and I caused great havoc on the tiny town we are from. This is us when we got caught:

Last time Jon was in town was last spring when we went out with his family for a night of karaoke. I think Jon put Salem in awe when he busted out renditions of Backstreet Boy songs and "I Will Always Love You," by Whitney Houston. Here is me being a groupie.


On Monday, my boyfriend, Jon and I are going on a whole day of wine tasting. It will be unforgettable.

2 comments:

Cayla Pruett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cayla Pruett said...

Christine! That is so fun! I got the chance to hang out with Jon shortly before he left for Oregon and my roommate was sitting here staring at us as if we were absolute FREAKS because of all the insane and ridiculous stories we had from high school that we just couldn't stop ourselves from reminiscing and laughing about!
I am so glad you are around to help him enjoy his trip to Oregon. And your comment about how you talk "insanely loud and Jon talks even louder and gayer" just made me die laughing! haha, thanks for that. Oh the gay best friend, I have one of my own, and can I just say, there is a reason they call them "fabulous." ;) Enjoy wine tasting, that sounds divine. Say hi to Jon for me :)