Friday, October 16, 2009

The Wine Tasting Saga

Six wineries + the three of us = a whole day of crazy fun!

Our winery stops consisted of Sokol Blosser, White Rose, Stoller, Argyle, Torii Mor, and Lange. We came home with so many great bottles of delicious wine. Poor Jon can't travel with wine bottles, so we are going to have to "store" it for him. Haha, doubt that will last. Out of all the places we visited my favorite wine of the day goes to White Rose, the 2006 Soverae Pinot Noir made my heart skip a beat.

Here we are at Argyle. I love me some bubbles! I will mention that although Argyle is really known for their Sparkling wines, there normal wines are good too. I especially enjoyed the Cowhouse Pinot Noir.

Photo Op in front of the bins.

Straddling barrels proved to be harder work than I thought. Especially when they toppled over right after this picture was taken.

Then there was our brilliant idea to climb on this old piece of farm equipment. Although the picture makes it look like I fell, I did not fall, I was dropped face first into a pile of gravel. I have a beautiful little raspberry on my temple to show for it.

This is me picking myself back up with all the dramatic emotion I could muster. The wine definitely helped my acting skills.



But, we finally did make it up there!


I don't know who got the insane idea we needed more booze in our systems, but I do know who got the idea for Mexican food and you just can't eat Mexican without a yummy margarita... or two!

I am so sad Jon can't join our adventures more often. But, the ones we do get to have are UNFORGETTABLE!

1 comment:

Cayla Pruett said...

That sounds amazing. I am jealous. Where is this place at because it sounds like something I would love to drag my mom to. Is that weird? lol :)