Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Candy and Wine Pairing!

I hardly ever cross-pollinate between my personal and work blog, but I think the blog I posted on Halloween candy and wine pairing is worthy of a repost. It was such a fun project to think back on all the Halloween candy I loved getting as a trick-or-treater and match it up with all the yummy wine I enjoy now that I am too old to get free candy! It would be a fun Halloween party activity too!

Here is the link to my list of pairings:


On one of my searches for pictures of Halloween candy I came across this picture and it reminded me of my brother and I. My brother and I have always had entrepreneurship on our brains. We would go trick-or-treating for hours then race home to sort, count, and trade our candy amongst ourselves. We weren't worried about consuming it like other kids, we were more into the competition and economics around it. My mom would have to hide one our bags of candy from each other so the other one wouldn't raid the others resources. We would somehow make our stashes last until Easter where we would get showered in candy again- starting the cycle all over. We were aware of the laws of supply and demand at a very young age. Isn't it funny to think back and laugh about how powerful candy was as a kid?

2 comments:

Michael St. James said...

That is alot of Halloween candy in that pic! Cute memories of you and your brother. Thanks for sharing. Awesome blog!

www.bagpoor.com

Couture Carrie said...

Whoa that is some serious Halloween loot!

xoxox,
CC