Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Wines of 2009

I visited my fabulous share of tasting rooms, wine bars, wine festivals, winemaker's dinners, and restaurants to be able to share with you my favorites of 2009.

The Wines:

It was exciting to have the list unfold and see the variety and value of the wines I adored.

10. Illahe Vineyards 2008 Viognier, Willamette Valley ($15)
9. Stoller 2007 SV Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($40)
8. Brickhouse N.V. Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($20)
7. Arcane Cellars 2007 Riesling, Willamette Valley ($16)
6. Griffin Creek 2005 Syrah, Rogue Valley ($45)
5. White Rose 2006 Soverae Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($75)
4. South Stage Cellars 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Rogue Valley ($26)
3. Willamette Valley Vineyards 2007 Elton Vineyard Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($45)
2. Paradise Ridge 2004 Sparkling Syrah, Sonoma County ($45)
1. Piluso Vineyards 2007 Tempranillo, Willamette Valley ($24)

The Locations:

Where I am drinking wine is just as important to me than what I am drinking.

8. Sneaking the Stoller 2007 SV Pinot Noir into the movie theater
7. Savoring Willamette Valley Vineyards 2006 Quinta Reserva Pinot Noir Port at the Bentley's Winemaker's Dinner
6. Storytelling after hours in the Piluso Vineyards Tasting Room over Thanksgiving Weekend.
5. Sitting around my boyfriend's Mom's table doing our own wine tasting with 12 wines at 1 o'clock in the morning.
4. Eating a delicious lunch with Grenache at La Boca in Santa Fe, NM.
3. Salsa dancing and tasting Cubanisimo Wines in the sunshine on Memorial Day Weekend.
2. Thirst Wine Bar in Portland, OR. Although I had no clue at the time, it was my boyfriend and I's first date.
1. Enjoying a plastic cup of wine in Zion National Park where we paired the Brickhouse N.V. Pinot Noir with hot dogs roasted over a campfire.

2009 was full of great wines and fun times. But, I see 2010 as topping it!

1 comment:

VanessasRunway said...

Love that picture of you two!

Oh wine, love at first taste!

To many more fun trips and bottles of delicious wine for 2010! :)