Friday, March 13, 2009

Amazing Photographer!

Professional photographers are so... umm... cool? I find them to the among the most interesting people on the planet. Their job is to find beauty in the world (or mask the ugly). Definitely a challenging job, yet so inspiring.

My grandpa started a photo finishing lab located in Portland, OR back in the 60s. He originally worked for Kodak, but took the leap into owning his own business called K & K Color Lab (named after his then 2 daughters- which became 5). K & K or "The Lab" as the family calls it became very successful and a pride for the family. Three of my aunts and one of my uncles continue to work there. As the world of photography has transitioned to digital, the demand for photo finishing has decreased, but K & K will always mean a lot to me. I loved visiting and seeing all the film develop, especially as a young girl seeing all the fairytale weddings. This initial joy has led to my current admiration for great photographers. With the rise of photo blogs, I have been spoiled with the ability to rummage through collections of amazing pictures.

I want to share is Kristy of Wreckless Photography. Her talent caught my attention the moment I saw these pictures. Wow. I fell in love. I only wish she had more photos on her already extensive website, because I can look at them for hours. I recommend you check out everything. Such an inspiration and I can tell through her pictures she really loves her job.



Aren't those photos great? Beautiful dress, beautiful people, beautiful location.
All photos by Wreckless Photography

1 comment:

wrecklessgirl said...

hey you PLH--i never said thank you SO much for doing a ditty on my photography! how nice, i'm totally blushing!! that's also REALLY interesting your grandfather started a lab...i miss the lab days. now, you can hardly find places that sell GOOD film, let alone process it well.