Thursday, August 6, 2009

Columbia Gorge Hike!

Chris and I did this hike on Tuesday with our friend Franklin and his dog Hope. It was some of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen (Italy still dominates). None of these pictures have had an ounce of editing- amazing huh?! The Labyrinth hike follows an old abandoned highway for the first 1/2 mile.



Isn't it weird how this tree is growing over this rock. One day will the rock be completely consumed by the tree?





Good thing I am not afraid of heights! But, the 50 mile an hour winds were a little unsettling. I was knocked to my feet a few times!

Our hiking companion Hope. I made her walk ahead of me to scare away any snakes. I think it worked.
We are all planning another hike this upcoming Tuesday around the Mt. Hood area.

No comments: