Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Doesn't Get Much Better!

We recently got back from our second wonderful trip down to Grants Pass. Our first day there we hiked the China Creek Trail. We thought it was 5.9 miles... come to find out, that was just one way. The creek was fun to play in though and I did make a friend out of this crawfish Chris found.

Okay, maybe he wasn't really my friend. He didn't seem to like being taken out of the water.

We also went to the farmer's market. I think the Grants Pass farmer's market is awesome. Take this little girl for example, seven years old and she is an amazing violin player. She was fundraising for violin camp. Seriously, how cute!
On Saturday night we attended Chris' friend Nick and his now-wife Michelle's wedding. Here is the cute couple!
Like I said before, I love wedding dancing! I love this picture of us girls. They are so fun.




I did catch the bouquet, but then I tried to pawn it off on Rachael :)


After the wedding, we hit the town (funny thing to say about Grants Pass) and went to JDs, a local pub for some game with magnetic slidy things. I have no clue what else to call it. Chris and I lost anyway.
Then Chris and his friend Chris played Safari Hunter! haha. But, I threw this picture in mainly because I didn't take a good one of him at the wedding all dressed up. Doesn't he look great?!

The next day we went out to the Illinois River to hang out and swim. Gorgeous, huh? I think Grants Pass has unbeatable summers.


This dog made me laugh.

That is Chris jumping off a rock!


We were so devastated we had to come home that we drowned our sorrows in margaritas! Isn't it huge? We polished off two of those bad boys :)


Like always, I can't wait to go back. I like the small town life, the amazing weather, the river, visiting friends and family. It doesn't get any better for me!

1 comment:

wrecklessgirl said...

yay! i'm so excited to see all these adventurous photos!! awesome! :) i love pictures of oregon and people having fun in oregon. which trail is that that you were talking about?