Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reality Hits

Today is one of those days that life just seems too short.  We choose one option and forego the rest.  We get one chance.  I'll get out of college and never have that opportunity again.  It all started with a meeting with my academic advisor and her asking me what my summer plans were.  Well, I thought, I figured I would just work and make money.  I also might be forced to take an online class if my brain doesn't start understanding my stats class soon (real soon).  But, then as I walked out of there I felt so ordinary.  I could be doing a cool internship this summer, studying abroad or doing a domestic study exchange.  But, then reality sets in and I realize I need to work to make money to pay for school and living expenses.  It just seems like such a black/white world.  I want to do this, but I have to do this.  I want to study in New York or Thailand or anywhere, but I get to stay and waitress.  But, it extends to so much more in life than just school and summer breaks.  Career paths is the main one I think of.  I have to choose a field to go into when I really just want to do it all.  Traveling is another one.  How do I really get to live the one life I am given with such financial responsibility?  I guess my ideas are crushed with realism that I don't get to experience it all.    

1 comment:

kadler said...

Reality bites.

All I can say is enjoy school while you still can :)