Friday, February 6, 2009

What was once just "peeing in a cup"

Yesterday, this came in the mail:I was so excited to see a package on the table (like most people) that I rushed to open it.  To my surprise I got a urine sample kit!  Sent to me by a company called Litholink and ordered by my urologist.  Litholink, I found out is a company who sends pee collection kits in the mail.  I collect all my pee for 48-60 hours then mail it back to them to analyze.  They are looking for any metabolic reasons my body could be producing kidney stones like some produce hiccups. Pretty novel idea- makes me wish I would have thought of it (hmm... maybe not).  And soon FedEx will have gallons of my urine on their hands- hope it doesn't leak! 

So here I am, day one, sentenced to house arrest just in case I might have to pee.  I am a constant pee-er too.  I once thought I had diabetes because I heard a symptom of the disease was peeing over 12 times a day.  I checked it out with my doctor and found I did not have diabetes, but rather drinking 4-5 nalgene bottles of water a day will make you go to the bathroom a lot.  Writing this makes me even have to tinkle a little. Tomorrow will be the real test because I have to work from 10-4 p.m.  I am either going to hold my bladder for six hours or drive home (about 4 mins.) to use the loo.  

My biggest question, in a number of questions, is why do the orange containers have a white pull-top on them?  Just in case you want to keep it and use it as a water bottle?


No comments: