Thursday, February 12, 2009

Test day

I have never been one to take test day as a day to sport bed head and sweats. I am the exact opposite. I see test day as a opportunity to get all ready and sport what you got. I wake up on time, shower, eat breakfast, straighten, pull together clothes that scream "you're smart" and go off to my tests. Rolling into a classroom well presented gives me a confidence for my exams. I look around and see the endless supply of Ugg slippers, beanies, and flannel pants and that feeds my ego.  Then the scantron will look at me and be like "Wow, this girl has it together. Its obvious she will ace me." The harsh judging of my peers is not for the intent of cruelty, it is not about them, but for me, with the purpose of selfish affirmation.  Isn't it crazy the tactics we use to build ourselves up?  Little pre-game routines or waking up on time for once?  I say do whatever it takes to perform your best.  You can even judge me for being well groomed instead of using that time to study!

No comments: