Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goodwill and other such finds

Call me Martha Stewart after the weekend I had!  It all started on Friday when my boyfriend and I hit up the local Goodwill.  Our mission was to seek out a lead we had in finding him a great pair of vintage cowboy boots.  No deal, the boots were too small.  But, I found something awesome:


This picture! It is a drawing of a charming house in Salem. There were actually a series of five, but I don't currently have the wall space or budget to buy them all.  I love the green mating.  But, the old and damaged frame had to go.  I went to the craft store and picked  up some paint.  After sitting in the aisle  for about thirty minutes with colors spread all around me I decided on a coral undertone and a top layer of a fleshy color.  My plan was to paint the coral underneath and then top it off with a creamy beige and then sand it down to expose the coral.  Instead I left it the coral color.  Here it is now:

I might still go through with my original idea.  Thoughts?

In addition to this picture and frame, I went bargain hunting at TJ Max and found this lovely little number:




I adore the distressed frame! And what do you know, it has the coral color emerging. Perfect fit to display with my house print.

I then painted these old frames.  I found these at the craft store for less than $3 a piece.  I need to still put wall hangers on their backs. 


I am going to put these along with the other two pieces on my wall soon to complete my new wall of frames.  My inspiration came from photos like these of rooms I never thought I could replicate.  I am getting there.  I will post pictures as soon as I get it up.  Promise you won't judge my beyond boring cream walls (the landlord won't let me paint... sad... but, I shouldn't complain, my rent is beyond cheap).  




Pictures- The amazing Domino Magazine- R.I.P.

1 comment:

VanessasRunway said...

That looks like so much fun! I love T.J Maxx too! I think they have better finds than Ross.