Wednesday, April 22, 2009

TED?



As described by TED itself, "Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world."

It is truly an incredible site.  There are over 430 talks hosted by the site now from leaders in technology, design, business, entertainment and social issues.  I was first introduced to the site by my entrepreneurship professor when he made our class view a talk from a very charismatic individual named Barry Schwartz on the paradox of choice.  

But if you are not a business nerd like me, maybe more interesting to you are these talks:



3. The Science of Scent by Luca Turin


5. The Brain in Love by Helen Fisher




9. Standing Out by Seth Godin

10.  What We Learn From Spaghetti Sauce by Malcolm Gladwell


Talks range in time from 5-25 minutes I have found.  Perfect for my small attention span.

There are so many amazing teachings found on this site.  I have bookmarked so many more to listen to, like the ones from Jane Goodall or talks on the topic of sustainability.  I am so excited to share these and I hope you guys find them interesting.  Let me know!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love that site. My design teachers were always showing us stuff from this site.