Monday, April 6, 2009

Retro Road Trip

Yesterday my boyfriend shared with me his dream of hopping into an old station wagon and road tripping to the Grand Canyon with nothing but cameras in hand. I instantly latched onto the idea and added aviator-wearing, denim cut offs, mix tapes of oldies and some cans of Hamms for authenticity purposes. This September we are making it happen! We searched craigslist for a station wagon, but then decided on borrowing an old school motor home from a friend. One like this:

We also decided we would route ourselves through Salt Lake City to visit his brother, wife, and nephew. We would take our time and stop at interesting places on the way. Like the farm in Boise that has a two-headed goat.

Then we would continue to this beautiful, big hole in the ground for a photo op. Maybe some early morning (before I melt) hiking?

I expressed my desire to drive up the California coast highway 101. So, we added that to our plans. I can't wait to see the pictures we take! Maybe one like this:

We will document the whole excursion and send tacky postcards back to our family.
Oh, and my boyfriend better be ready because I rock at "I spy with my little eyes..." and the license plate game. :)

2 comments:

VanessasRunway said...

I think that's such a fabulous idea! road trips with the honey! You never know what can happen & it makes it so exciting! ;)

Melanie said...

I did a totally random google image search and found your blog. I wanted to let you know that the winding road picture is in Southern Oregon, on 101, between Gold Beach and Brookings - it is called Myers Creek.