Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In honor of the Blazers!

It seems like all of Oregon is in a Trail Blazers frenzy tonight. Our beloved team has made it to the playoffs and yes, it has been a while. I am not a huge follower of professional basketball. I pretty much only watch it if it is on at the gym while I am forcing cardio upon myself. But, my contact with the Blazers was personal when I sold a few of the team members computers, iPhones, and expensive headphones working at Apple. I found it very entertaining when a player would come into our store because they stuck out like a sore thumb towering a foot and a half over me and wearing their red velour jumpsuits. I really hope someone has gone on to change this, because really, red velour?? I always envisioned one the of 6'9" players to come in one day and me find him wearing his red velour with words written into his pants with rhinestones like "Rebound" or "Foul-Play." I thought that would have been great. Sadly, I never gained the courage to make the suggestion. But, to those of you who still work at Apple, maybe you could pass along the word from me?

Another awesome Blazer moment is when my boyfriend saw #5 Rudy Fernandez at work and had his picture taken with him. Isn't there a striking resemblance? Maybe brothers?!


Go Blazers! Good luck with the post season!

No comments: