Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What would you do if I sang out tune?

Would you stand up and walk out on me?




I miss The Wonder Years.  I think it is one of the best TV shows ever written.  This show was the perfect blend of comedy and drama.  It epitomized what it is like to be young, confused, and hopelessly in love.  Kevin Arnold, the shows main character and narrator, is such a likable character.  I can relate to so many of his awkward middle school and high school experiences.  For example, when Kevin tries to impress his elderly piano teacher who smokes (kind of like my extra attentiveness in Professor Sweater vest's class).   Thank goodness for the internet, where watching old episodes of The Wonder Years is possible when you can't sleep.  

I also always thought it was cool that my dad looked exactly like Kevin as a kid.  

Plus is had a great theme song!  I heart Joe Cocker and his sexy voice.

3 comments:

VanessasRunway said...

OMG - This was my FAVORITE show! It still kind of is. They don't make shows like this anymore. :(

It breaks my heart every time I think about the fact that Kevin & Winnie didn't end up together in the show...

Christine Collier said...

Oh yeah, I cried! And I cry almost every time Kevin closes episodes with narratives like these:

"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place, a town, a house like a lot of other houses, a yard like a lot of other yards, on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back, with wonder."

Candi said...

I love this show! I was in Tahoe a couple of years ago, and Stevie Wonder was set to perform that weekend....long story short, some guy said "Stevie Wonder, isn't he the guy who sang the theme song for The Wonder Years?" haha